Do you spend a lot of time sitting in front of the computer? If you answer yes, then you may want to look at the tips below on how to take care of your back to maintain a good posture and relieve back pain.
- Your desk or table height should be at elbow level.
- Look for a chair with a good low back support and adjustable height.
- Adjust your seat height so your knees are slightly higher than your hips when seated.
- Try using a foot rest to take pressure off the back of your legs when seated for long periods of time.
- To avoid neck problems, adjust your monitor or display height slightly below eye level. Ten to fifteen degrees below eye level is ideal.
- Minimize repetitive neck and head movements, which can cause neck pain.
- Center your monitor directly in front of you.
- Use a stand to hold documents close to the monitor and at eye level.
- Move your eyes, not your neck and head!
- Sit upright with good posture.
- Don’t sit for too long; take frequent, short breaks.
- Stand, walk around, and stretch a few minutes for every 60 minutes work at the computer.
- Set a timer to help you remember!